A new title update for Assassin's Creed Valhalla is set to add even more free content to the action-RPG, including a new Tombs of the Fallen pack and another settlement building.Update:
We can now confirm that title update 1.6.1 adds one new achievement to Assassin's Creed Valhalla.
Title update 1.6.1 rolls out to all Assassin's Creed Valhalla owners on September 27th, and includes a bunch of new content on top of the usual bug fixes. At this time, it's unknown if there will be any new Assassin's Creed Valhalla achievements added with the update.
Update 1.6.1 brings with it a new settlement building to Ravensthorpe: the Rune Forge. This building can be built once Ravensthorpe has been upgraded to Level 4. With the Rune Forge, you can turn the perks of your current gear into new runes, which can then be exchanged for silver.
Another highlight of the update is Tombs of the Fallen Pack 2, which sees the Tombs of the Fallen story "come to an epic conclusion." The new pack adds three more tombs to explore that are rigged with ancient traps and a variety of complex puzzles to overcome. "Only the most dedicated adventurers will discover buried secrets from a fallen civilization," Ubisoft says. "Observe and explore deep waters, molten lava, and Isu teachings to solve ancient puzzles and acquire lost treasures." At the moment, it's unknown if Ubisoft will be adding any new achievements related to Tombs of the Fallen Pack 2. The previous Tombs of the Fallen title update added two new achievements, so it's possible that we all might be returning to Valhalla for some additional Gamerscore.
Also, from October 20th to November 10th, the time-limited Oskoreia Festival returns to Valhalla where you will take on the Wild Hunt by defending Ravenshthorpe from evil spirits.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla Title update 1.6.1 patch notesThe Forgotten Saga
- Equipping the Death Jarl helmet will remove Eivor's beard customization
- Sometimes Odin can get stuck in a pillar when assassinating enemies.
- After the battle with Systir and his tamer in Nidheim, the barrier will not go away.
- Everold's store re-stocks with already purchased items.
The Siege of Paris
- Unique Siege of Paris runes purchased through Pierre's shop can be sold, but cannot be bought back.
Wrath of the Druids
- Finishing Balor with a stun-attack can cause the encounter to get stuck
Assassin's Creed Valhalla main quests, world events, and side activities
- Order Medallions missing after defeating members of the order.
- The quest Going Deeper cannot be received if the plants have already been collected.
- Crashes while loading a save file during Finding Fritjof quest.
- Player stats are not tracking as intended for the Core Challenge Eivor's Saga.
- When climbing the tree near the Druid cottage in Glowecestrescire, Eivor can get stuck under the platform.
- Unable to interact with Rollo within the brothel.
- Unable to enter a house in Picheringa because of a blocked window and barred door.
- Various fixes for the returning Oskoreia festival event
Armoury & Inventory
- Weapons being duplicated through unintended means.
- Duplicated Dwarven customization options in inventory.
- Two-Handed Axes can appear on both sides of the Armory mannequin if the player changes hands while using the weapon.
- Flails appear upside down in the Armory when equipped with a loadout.
- Isu tattoo duplicates in inventory after purchase and replaces other tattoos that can no longer be selected.
- Some weapons appear in Vagn's shop when they've already been acquired.
- The VFX for the charge attack persists on the weapon after it has been used.
- Twilight pack previews do not load when trying to view them in the in-game store.
- Unintended echo effect on Reda's speech audio.
- Cargo hold during River Raids caps at 200 even if capacity is upgraded.
- Eivor spawns drunk when loading into the game.
- Jord Scarecrow settlement cosmetic tile in Norvid's store doesn't show the item.
In other Assassin's Creed news, Ubisoft recently lifted the lid on the next entry into the AC franchise, Assassin's Creed Mirage. Xbox Game Pass also added Assassin's Creed Odyssey to the subscription service. For more games coming to the service, check out our everything coming to Xbox Game Pass in 2022 and 2023 article.
Will you be returning to Assassin's Creed Valhalla for this title update? Let us know down in the comments.